A to Z
Council housing - current tenancy arrears: Outline
Rossendale Borough Council transferred its housing stock in April 2006. These properties are now owned by Green Vale Homes
- Green Vale Homes has a specific procedure in dealing with tenants who fall behind with their rent:
- They will inform you of the debt and try to make a mutually acceptable and affordable arrangement to clear the debt. They will also advise you on any methods of maximising your income through Benefits.
- If your circumstances change you must inform Green Vale Homes so they can review any agreement you have with them.
- If you fail to keep to any agreement Green Vale Homes will be obliged to seek legal enforcements. This will entail seeking a County Court Judgement (CCJ), and this will affect your ability to gain credit for other purposes.
- If you fail to keep to a Court Order Green Vale Homes will seek possession of your home, to re-let to another family.
Normal office hours Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm (except public holidays)