A to Z
New claim - council tax benefit: Outline
Additional Information :
- A person may be eligible to claim council tax benefit if they are on low income or in receipt of income support or job seekers allowance.
- You cannot get Council Tax Benefit if you, or your partner between you, have more than £16,000 in savings, unless you are receiving Guarantee Credit.
- You can claim Second Adult Rebate if there are other people living in your home who are on a low income. You cannot claim Second Adult Rebate if you are married or have a partner.
- View the further information box below for more detailed information
AvailabilityNormal office hours Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm (except public holidays)
- Contacting the benefits department
- Benefit payments
- Benefits overpayments
- The benefits calculation
- Making a benefit claim
- Benefits decisions
- Benefits claim review process
- Backdating benefit claims
- Changes in benefits circumstance
- Council Tax Benefit is Changing
- Benefit fraud
- Introduction to Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support
- Council Tax and Benefits Online Forms
Contact: Benefits Department
Telephone: 01706 217777Benefits Department, Admail ADM4005, Rawtenstall, Rossendale, Lancashire, BB4 4ZR