A to Z
Backdating - Council Tax Support: Outline
In order for a backdate of Council Tax Support to be allowed you will have to show 'good cause' as to why you did not apply earlier and that good cause' existed continuously during the period for which backdating is requested.
Each case will be decided according to its own individual situation. Examples of 'good cause' are prolonged illness or bereavement. Please provide as much information and evidence as you can to support your claim.
For further advice visit the Citizens Advice Bureau Advice Guide website.
AvailabilityNormal office hours Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm (except public holidays)
- Contacting the benefits department
- Benefit payments
- Benefits overpayments
- The benefits calculation
- Making a benefit claim
- Benefits decisions
- Benefits claim review process
- Backdating benefit claims
- Changes in benefits circumstance
- Council Tax Benefit is Changing
- Benefit fraud
- Introduction to Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support
- Council Tax and Benefits Online Forms
Contact: Benefits Department
Telephone: 01706 217777Benefits Department, Admail ADM4005, Rawtenstall, Rossendale, Lancashire, BB4 4ZR