A to Z
Council tax Support : Outline
Important notice - Council Tax benefit has changed
What has changed?
From 1st April 2013, the national scheme of Council Tax Benefit was abolished and replaced with a local Council Tax Support scheme run by Rossendale Borough Council.
The government reduced funding for the new scheme and this meant it was not possible to award the same amount of help towards the cost of council tax from April 2013.
If any of your circumstances change you must tell us immediately, in writing. It is an offence not to report changes quickly and may result in you paying back large overpayments.
You must tell us about the following changes:- Please tell us if there are changes to the money you get, for example:
- you start or stop getting Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance (income based)
- you start or stop getting Tax Credit
- the money you or your partner gets increases or decreases
- you change your address
- the number of people in your home changes - for example, someone has a baby
- a partner comes to live with you
- you, or your partner, go into hospital for more than 6 weeks
- you, or your partner, become a student, or stop being a student
We are currently consulting on our Council Tax Support Scheme for 2017/2018. For further information and to take part please click here.
AvailabilityNormal office hours Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm (except public holidays)
- Council tax charges
- Online payments
- Council tax payments
- Summons and further recovery action
- Council tax - general information
- Council tax valuations and bandings
- Council tax reductions exemptions and discounts
- Council Tax Support Scheme
- Discretionary Business Rate Relief -Consultation & Decision Feedback
- Fraud Investigation
- Consultation on Council Tax Charges for Vacant Property
- Council Tax and Benefits Online Forms
- Information on Council Tax Bills
Contact: Council Tax
Telephone: 01706 217777Council Tax Department, Rossendale Borough Council, Admail ADM 4005, Rossendale, Lancs, BB4 4ZR