Rossendale Borough Council

A to Z

Benefits calculator: Outline

If you are on low income you may be entitled to help towards your rent and council tax: If you think you qualify for Housing and Council Tax Benefit, complete a claim form and return it to your local council immediately.

A form is available from the Department of Work and Pensions using the link below. Alternatively, your local council may be able to provide you with a claim form.

Please note:- Local councils do not deal with applications for Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance - these are dealt with by the Department of Work & Pensions (DWP) or your local Jobcentre. The rules surrounding benefits are quite complicated so it is always advisable to contact your local council if you are in doubt over any aspect of your application or benefits in general. Please pass your form to your local council.

Please find our online Benefits forms here.


The Online Calculator is avaiable 24 hours a day and 7 days a week

Begin to type the name and select from the appearing choices.