A to Z
Health & safety - construction regulations: Outline
Building Regulations are legal requirements aimed at achieving adequate standards for the construction of domestic, commercial and industrial buildings. They are laid down by Parliament and are supported by separate documents containing practical and technical guidance on compliance, which are known as 'Approved Documents'. These are produced in different parts.
Building Regulations have three purposes:
- To ensure the health and safety of people in and around buildings.
- The conservation of energy.
- Access and facilities for disabled people.
- Building control forms and fee advice
- Useful building control links
- Replacement windows and doors
- Do you need building regulations approval?
- Making a building regulation application
- About the building control service
- Inspection of works
- Contacting building control
- Construction (design and management) regulations 2007
- Choosing a builder
- The Building Control Team
- Electrical Work in the Home
Contact: Building Control
Telephone: 01706 252522The Business Centre, Futures Park, Bacup, Lancashire, OL13 0BB