Rossendale Borough Council

A to Z

Licence - boarding animals: Outline

The keeping and running of animal boarding establishments (Catteries and Kennels) is controlled by the Animal Boarding Establishments Act 1963.

No person may keep a boarding establishment for animals without firstly obtaining a Licence from their Local Authority. Prior to making any application you are advised to contact the planning office of your local council, where you will recieve advice of whether you need to obtain consent for any development involved.


Normal office hours Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm (except public holidays)

Contact: Environmental Health

Telephone: 01706 252565

Environmental Health Team, The Business Centre, Bacup, Rossendale, Lancs, OL13 0BB

Begin to type the name and select from the appearing choices.