Rossendale Borough Council

A to Z

Licence - door supervisor: Outline

Any person who intends to carry out work in the capacity of a door supervisor (bouncer), in premises licensed for public entertainment, must first obtain registration with the local authority. Applications are usually subject to a satisfactory police check. In August 2004, the new Security Industry Authority took over all Local Door Supervisor Schemes and now run them centrally. Existing registered Door Supervisors should contact the SIA to obtain details of what needs to be done to continue their registration when the local scheme ceases.

Contact: Licensing Unit

Telephone: 01706217777 Option 7

The Business Centre, Futures Park, Bacup, Lancashire, OL13 0BB

Begin to type the name and select from the appearing choices.