Rossendale Borough Council

A to Z

Licence - private hire vehicle (minicab): Outline

Private hire vehicles (mini cabs) have to be licensed. Private hire vehicles are vehicles that cannot be hailed from the street, and journeys must be pre-booked. Vehicles must be tested and inspected before a licence can be issued to ensure that they are mechanically fit, safe and comfortable

Additional information: Fares for private hire vehicles are not regulated by the Council - the cost of a journey will normally be based on a rate per mile or should be agreed with the company before the journey.

Further information can be obtained here.


Telephone Enquiries: Between 9am and 12 noon on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Submission of applications: Between 9am and 4:30pm Monday to Friday (except public holidays)

Contact: Licensing Unit

Telephone: 01706217777 Option 7

The Business Centre, Futures Park, Bacup, Lancashire, OL13 0BB

Begin to type the name and select from the appearing choices.