A to Z
Gritting is part of the Winter Service provided by the Lancashire Highways Partnership.
Precautionary gritting is undertaken on Motorways, A and B roads and certain important local roads. These comprise over 33% of the County maintained road network and it will not normally be possible to add more roads to the routes for precautionary treatment.
The list of roads to be treated may be extended when snow and ice persist and provided that the above priority roads have been already been restored.
- View the Rossendale winter gritting map.
- To find your address; click on the first tab in the top left and search by address. Click your property.
- Orange squares represent grit bins.
- Green lines represent LCC primary gritting routes.
- Purple lines represent LCC secondary gritting routes.
- Red gridded areas represent gritted car parks.
- For further help please see the Stratus user guide.
AvailabilityNormal office hours Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm (except public holidays)
Telephone: 0300 123 6780lancashire county council, highways customer service centre, Preston, PO Box 9, Lancs, PR1 8RD