Promoting Rossendale Board
About the Promoting Rossendale Board
The Promoting Rossendale Board was formed in April 2014 by Rossendale Borough Council who invited interested parties from across Rossendale and across various secotrs to join the Board.
The board has a very simple remit, to promote Rossendale!
By doing this we effectively we can ensure that Rossendale Valley is recognised as a key tourist point in the UK, and is a place visitors want to come and visit, want to stay and want to return.
The Board meet quarterly and have an action plan that they are working on.
There have been several sub groups and Task & Finish Groups set up to ensure that work gets done quickly and correctly. These meet far more frequently than the Board as they are doing more targeted, focused project work.
We currently have the following Sub Groups with the following work to focus on;
- Tourism, Comms and PR Sub Group - this sub group is tasked with working on day to day tourism issues and promoting the Valley internally in Rossendale and to the wider UK public. The group work on ideas around marketing materials and promotion materials as well as presenting a co-ordinated offer for the Valley to present.
- Events Sub Group - this group is tasked with looking at and monitoring events that are held in the Borough and also to look into establishing a strong calendar of events, and encourage different events to come to Rossendale to further enhance our visitor offer.
We have had the following groups previously which have now completed their work;
- Mountain Bike Trails T&F Group - this small group was set up to complete work on getting waymarkers for the Rolling Boar trails to improve the strong cycling offer Rossendale has.
- Rossendale Way Waymaker T&F Group - this group was set up to support Rural Rossendale in their attempt to get the Rossendale Way (the full Boundary walk) re-waymarked and subsequently promoted. The group provided new waymarkers which the Rural Rossendale group have put up. A new site for the walk has been also been established; http://www.rossendaleway.co.uk/
- Branding Sub Group - this group was tasked with developing a new brand for Promoting Rossendale. From the development of this brand the group worked on compiling a new tourism booklet called '48 Hours in Rossendale' and a rebrand and remodelling of the Visit Rossendale website. The groups work culminated in the launch of the new brank and 48 Hours Booklet on July 1st 2015 at the Whitaker. The Tourism, Comms and PR Group will now take over the continual promotion of this successful work.
All the work that the Promoting Rossendale Board are engaged in is with the sole intention of making Rossendale a key tourist destination, which will in turn increase the visitor economy, employment and business growth.
Pages in Promoting Rossendale Board
- You are here: About the Promoting Rossendale Board
- Latest News from the Promoting Rossendale Board
- 48 Hours in The Valley
- How Can You Support the Work of the Promoting Rossendale Board?