Rossendale Borough Council

Your finances

CSA (child support agency)

View pages in this section

If you are bringing up a child who has a parent living somewhere else in the UK or working abroad for a UK based employer, the other parent is legally responsible for providing financial support for their child.
The Child Support Agency (CSA) calculates and collects maintenance from parents who do not live with their child(ren)—the amount you get will depend on the income of the parent who does not live with the child(ren).

The Child Support Agency usually collects payment if the parent with care of the child is receiving Income Support or income-based jobseeker's's allowance. Otherwise the Child Support Agency will only get involved if either parent asks them to.

For further information and an application form you can visit the Child Support Agency website or phone 0845 7 133 133.

The line is open from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm, Monday to Friday and 8.30 am to 5.00 pm, Saturday.

  1. You are here: CSA (child support agency)
  2. Child benefit