Public health - cosmetic treatments
Cosmetic treatments registration
- Semi permanent make-up
are carried out have to register with the Borough Council. The proprietor of the business must also register. These personal treatments are also subject to local bye-laws.
The application forms for registration of ear & body piercing, tatooing, electrolysis and acupucture premises and persons can be downloaded from our downloads section. The application of semi permanent make-up may also require registration, for further information contact the Environmental Health Department.
The premises are inspected to ensure they are adhering to the relevant byelaws and health and safety legislation. For example:
- the cleansing and sterilisation of instruments,
- materials and equipment
- the cleanliness of premises and fittings
- the cleanliness of employees
Body Piercers Legislation has recently been passed to allows the Council to require that businesses carrying out general body piercing be registered.
Rossendale are considering arranging for new bylaws to be approved which will introduce the full registration. For information regarding registration of skin piercers or to complain about a particular skin piercing contact the Environmental Health Department 01706 252565.
- Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Tattooing of Minors Act 1969
- Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1989
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995
Pages in Public health - cosmetic treatments
- You are here: Cosmetic treatments registration
- Cosmetic treatments - application for registration or change of details
Contact: Environmental Health
Telephone: 01706 252565Environmental Health Team, The Business Centre, Bacup, Rossendale, Lancs, OL13 0BB