Adverse weather refuse & recycling collections
When adverse weather affects the normal collection of waste from households, the Operation Team will implement a recovery plan to ensure disruption is kept to a minimum for residents and to prioritise the collection of rubbish.
Key points from the plan, undertaken during any period of adverse weather, include:
- Commencing collections only when it is safe to do so.
- Prioritising rubbish collections over recycling until any backlog has been cleared.
- Communicating with our front-line staff and residents to request that bins/bags are placed out for collection on the normal day and to leave them out; crews will collect them as soon as it is safe to.
- Mobilising additional crews and resources when required to deal with any backlog.
- Collecting a sensible amount of side waste from residents whose collections have been delayed for more than 24hrs.
- Providing extra recycling bags to help cope with additional recycling.
- Once a street has been collected, further revisits for individual missed-bins will not be possible these will be collected on the next collection day.
Please be assured that our crews will do their utmost to collect your rubbish and recycling in line with the recovery plan.
You can help our crews by:
- Placing your bins out on the normal day for collection and leaving them out until they are collected.
- Leaving your bins at the edge of your property where they can be easily accessed and in view from the road.
- Leaving any additional rubbish securely bagged next to the green bin.
Remember: Put your bin out on your normal day and we will attempt to collect once it is safe to do so.
Contact: Operations Team
Telephone: 01706217777 Option3The Business Centre, Rossendale Borough Council, Futures Park, Bacup, Rossendale, Lancashire, OL13 0BB