Industrial estates - Heys St, Daniel St
The Council currently lets units on two industrial estates in the Borough, located in Whitworth and Bacup. For further information or to arrange a viewing please contact Property Services on 01706 252527.
- Daniel St, Whitworth, OL12 8BX
Daniel St industrial estate is the Council's largest estate and is located off Market Street (A671), Whitworth, which is the main road between Rochdale, Bacup and Burnley. The site was developed in 1983 on a 1.2 acre site and is comprised of 22 units in three sizes: 46.5 sq m (500 sq ft), 93.2 sq m (1000 sq ft) and 116.3 sq m (1250 sq ft).
- Heys St, Bacup, OL13 9QL
Heys St industrial estate is located off Rockliffe Rd / Market St, Bacup and was built during the mid 1980's. The estate is conveniently located approximately 0.5 miles from Bacup town centre and is comprised of seven steel portal frame units in two sizes: 71.6 sq m (770 sq ft) or 111.6 sq m (1200 sq ft).
The Council currently has units available for rent.
To check availability please call RBC Property Services Team on 01706 252527.
Terms And Conditions
1. The units are offered on an annual lease with rent payable by Direct Debit, quarterly in advance, and terminable by either party giving to the other not less than six months notice in writing.
2. Rents will be reviewed annually.
3. Please contact Business Rates on 0845 900 0500 for confirmation of current Business Rates.
4. The Council insures the buildings and recharges tenants an annual premium.
Tenants are responsible for the contents insurance (including fixtures and fittings).
5. The Council will provide a 3 phase electricity supply to the distribution board plus a minimum of one socket and general lighting.
6. Tenants are responsible for obtaining any necessary planning consent for their proposed use (if outside the existing use). You are advised to contact the Council's Development Control Section, Futures Park, Bacup - telephone 01706 217777, to discuss the planning aspects of this matter before proceeding further.
7. Tenants are responsible for keeping the interior of the premises in good repair.
8. Tenants are responsible for the payment of water rates. On Daniel Street only, the Council recharges tenants annually in arrears for water rates.
9. Tenants are responsible for the payment of electric and gas services. On securing a tenancy, tenants are expected to set up accounts with service providers. The Council will pass on tenant's details to service suppliers should a tenant default on payments or fail to set up an account.
10. The offer of a unit will be subject to a successful financial reference. You will be required to give your consent to a bank reference. This will be for either your business or yourself, as appropriate. Some banks charge a fee for this facility.
11. A new tenancy will be conditional on the submission of a three month bond, returnable subject to any dilapidations, rent arrears, or other outstanding debt relating to the occupation of the unit.
12. A Legal fee of £110 will be charged for the drafting of the lease.
13. The Council will commence legal action to take possession of a unit should rent become 21 days overdue.
Contact: Property Services
Telephone: 01706 252527The Business Centre, Futures Park, Rossendale, lancashire, OL13 0BB