Lancashire OL13 0HD
Tel: 01706 238601
Fax: 01706 870447
Bacup Cemetery opened in April 1862, and to date more than 40,000 interments have been carried out within the 17 acre grounds. Further expansion land is available to the south of the cemetery as and when required.
Bacup is the oldest of the Council's cemeteries. Before the cemetery opened in 1862 most burials took place in churchyards. St Nicholas's at Newchurch being one of the earliest for burials in the Rossendale area.
The public toilets are positioned to the right of the main entrance into the cemetery and there are a 2 water taps within the grounds for use by visitors. A plan of the cemetery is available in the related downloads section to the right..
Graves are available for a maximum of 3 interments. Graves can also be purchased for ashes only burial. A limited number of chambers have also been constructed specifically for ashes
Cemetery opening times
The vehicular and pedestrian gates do not close
A location map is available in the related downloads.