Tel 01706 238601
Fax 01706 870447
The first burial in Rawtenstall Cemetery took place in January 1877. The cemetery currently holds over 21,000 burials and this site also covers around 17 acres. A recently renovated chapel sits within the cemetery seating about 40 people and can be hired on payment of a small fee. A centrally placed water tap is available for visitors to use. The cemetery is located only a short walk from Rawtenstall's market place and caters for Catholic, Church of England, Non Conformist and Muslim burials.
Graves can be purchased for both coffin and ashes burial. Alternatively there are specially constructed chambers located near the chapel which will hold upto 4 lots of ashes
Cemetery opening times
The vehicular and pedestrian gates do not close
A location map is available in the related downloads.