Planning Application Process
Pre-Planning Submission Charges
Rossendale Planning Service pre-application submission charges and criteria definition are as follows:
Initial Meeting £150 plus VAT £ 300 plus VAT
Follow up meetings £ 75 plus VAT £ 150 plus VAT
Pease note the above fees are in addition to the national fee requirements as set out in the Town and Country Planning regulations as prescribed by Central Government.
Minor development definition:
· Schemes of 1-9 dwellings
· Commercial development resulting in new floor space on sites smaller than 1ha or less than 1000sqm.
· Changes of use above 0.1 Ha
Major development definition:
· More than 10 dwellings
· Offices / Research / Business and light Industry >1000m2 or >1 ha
· Heavy industry / manufacturing / storage and warehousing >1000m2 or >1ha
· Retail distribution and servicing >1000m2 or >1ha
All other major developments
What development will be exempt from Pre Application submission charging?
The charges would be applied with the following exemptions:
• Changes of Use below 0.1Ha
• Householder developments e.g. extensions
• Applications for advertisements
• Applications for Listed Building Consents
• Applications for Conservation Area Consents, normally only required for demolition