A to Z
Regeneration projects: Outline
There are areas and sections of the community that experience significant disadvantages typically in terms of high unemployment, low incomes, high benefit dependency, high crime and low educational attainment.
If these areas are to continue to prosper the Council needs to remove barriers to business growth, enable disadvantaged communities to share the benefits of sustainable economic growth and offer a pleasant and safe place to live and work. These are the Council's regeneration challenges.
The Council has been successful in bidding for central government regeneration money in the form of yearly grants under the Single Regeneration Budget.
AvailabilityNormal office hours Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm (except public holidays)
- Private sector renewal
- The Health Housing and Regeneration Team
- Rawtenstall Town Square
- Mytholme House the Regeneration of Waterfoot Centre
- Bacup Townscape Heritage Initiative (THI)
- Rossendale Borough Council neighbourhood forums
- The Valley Centre Development, Rawtenstall
- Economic development projects and initiatives in Rossendale
Telephone: 01706 252 593Rossendale Borough Council, Business Centre, Bacup, Lancashire, OL13 0BB