Nomination Guidance and Form
Rossendale Borough Council wants to recognise and celebrate the hard work of volunteers, groups, events and projects across the valley, which have made a real difference to their communities.
The Rossendale Community Awards is your opportunity to say thank-you and to help us celebrate home-grown success.
• Do you know someone that works tirelessly to help others?
• Have you benefited from a project or event?
• Are you proud of someone and want to thank them?
We invite you to nominate under the following categories. You are welcome to nominate for as many categories as you wish.
The Community Event of the Year.
This category celebrates all the amazing events that took place in the Valley throughout 2018/19 that were organised by our community groups and organisations. The event must have been organised by volunteers.
The Community Group of the Year Award – Whitworth, Bacup, Rawtenstall, Haslingden
This award will recognise a group/charity/organisation that improves life for those in the valley through their hard work, dedication and community spirit. Four awards will be given, with one coming from each Community Partnership area.
The Volunteer of the Year Award.
This award, aimed at individuals 18 years and over, aims to recognise those who, with tireless energy, aim to improve their community, help others and get involved in projects and activities.
The Young Volunteer of the Year Award
This award is for individuals under the age of 18. The award recognises a young person who dedicates their time and effort towards helping others. It will celebrate those young people, who are excellent role models for their peers.
Outstanding community contribution to Valley life
This award is for a group that has made, and/or continues to make a real, lasting impact on the Rossendale community.
Rossendale Lesuire Trust
In addition, Rossendale Leisure Trust wishes to recognise community sports organisations and volunteers with the following categories:
Sports club of the year
Has a club had an exceptional achievement this year or do they make a difference for people in their everyday life, we want to celebrate the club!
Under 18 sports volunteer of the year
This individual will have shown great commitment to their own personal development and spent time helping others to do the same.
Sports coach of the year
We want to recognise the coach that makes a difference to people’s lives, the coach that goes above and beyond with 100% passion and commitment.
- The nominees must be Rossendale residents, the project must be based in the Valley and the work of the organisation must benefit local people.
- All organisations must be from the voluntary, community or faith sector.
- The judging panel will consist of five individuals, their decision is final.
- All finalists are expected to partake in publicity material.
- Rossendale Borough Council cannot be held responsible for any entries lost in the post, or not received by the closing date of Friday 20 September
- Please note, all finalists will be informed who has nominated them, unless otherwise requested.
- For each award 3-4 finalists, plus guests, will be invited to the awards evening.
- By participating in the Rossendale Community Awards you are accepting the above criteria.
Any queries contact: Alison Wilkins 01706 252593 / Stephanie Thornton 01706 252404
Closing date: Friday 27 September 2019