Rent bond scheme
Who qualifies for the Rent Bond and Rent in Advance scheme?
- Be homeless/ threatened with becoming homeless/ living in unsuitable accommodation
- Be on a low income or receiving benefits
- Have insufficient savings to pay the bond
- Be capable of independent living.
- The property must be affordable
What happens next?
You will need to contact the landlord yourself and arrange to view the property, for more advice read How to Rent. If the landlord is willing to let the property to you, then you must contact our Housing Options Team.
Our Housing Options Team will advise if we can assist with a rent bond and rent in advance payment to your new Landlord when you are starting a tenancy, to qualify you will need to be claiming Universal Credit or Housing Benefit and be threatened with homelessness, please contact our team to find out more.