Citizens Panel

Customers can have their say regularly on a whole range of different issues is by joining Rossendale’s Citizen Panel.

Join Here

Rent bond scheme

Who qualifies for the scheme?

Applicants must:

  • Be homeless/ threatened with becoming homeless/ living in unsuitable accommodation
  • Be on a low income or receiving benefits
  • Have insufficient savings to pay the bond
  • Be capable of independent living.
  • The property must be affordable

What happens next?

You will need to contact the landlord yourself and arrange to view the property, for more advice read How to Rent. If the landlord is willing to let the property to you, then you must contact our Housing Options Team. Environmental Health will inspect the property before you start the tenancy we will then arrange to pay the bond diret to the Landlord or Agent.

If you would like help with the Rent Bond Scheme please contact our Housing Options Team on the details below.

Rent in Advance

Our Housing Options Team may be able to assist with a rent in advance payment when you are starting a tenancy, to qualify you will need to be claiming Housing Benefit or the Housing Benefit element of Universal Credit and be threatened with homelessness, please contact our team to find out more.