Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions before you sign up for the bin cleaning service. By agreeing to pay for the service you will be accepting the terms and conditions below.
1) You have agreed to pay Rossendale Council for washing of domestic size wheeled bin/s (240 litre or below). This is for the trial period of THREE calendar months from week beginning 2nd November 2020 and we will aim to wash on collection day, the same day, following when it is emptied by our bin crew (this is alternate Wednesdays for refuse bins and recycling bins). This will be at the frequency signed up for; fortnightly, every 4 weeks or one off. Bin/s should be left out after collection and they will be returned by the crew following washing. Fees and any special rates are only for the trial period as stated.
2) In line with the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, you have fourteen working days from receipt of these Terms and Conditions to request cancellation of this service. Requests to cancel the service must be in writing to Operations Team or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations cannot be accepted by phone.
3) For your property to be eligible to subscribe to this pilot scheme, you have to be within Zone 2A, (Wednesday Week 1), the area chosen for the trial. You also need to be on our frontline collections that is for all properties accessible by our regular 26 tonne bin wagon. If the pilot scheme is successful, then the intention is to roll out to frontline properties throughout the borough following the trial.
4) Once you have subscribed and payment is received then the bin washing will continue on the next collection day for the bin/s paid for, washing booked for every 4 weeks will be done on the second collection of the month for that waste type.
5) Residents can join the scheme at any time throughout the trial period. Fees for fortnightly and every 4 weeks will be calculated for the number of washes remaining to the end of the trial period. If there is evidence of misuse of the service by you, then your service may be cancelled. There will be no refund in these circumstances.
6) We will wash your bins on the frequency arranged, except when other factors prevent collection, such as very bad weather. If we miss washing your bin, we will do our best to wash it as soon as possible. We do not give refunds for not being able to wash a bin because it has waste in it or is not properly presented.
7) There will be no refunds if the bin/s have not been emptied due to contamination and so they could not be washed by our team. Details of what can and cannot be put in your bins can be found on the website.
8) We shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of our obligations if the delay or failure results from circumstances outside our reasonable control.
9) The bin washing service is linked to the property and not the resident, so if you move to another property in Rossendale or elsewhere please do not take the bin(s) with you. The bin(s) must remain at the address for which the subscription was paid.
10) The Council reserves the right to vary these terms and to amend the annual charge for the service. Any intended changes will be published on the Council website – www.rossendale.gov.uk
11) Statutory rights – these terms and conditions of the garden waste subscription service do not affect your statutory rights.