Help with cost of living crisis in Rossendale & Household Support Fund

Find out what help is available in Rossendale

Apply for Council Tax Support

Anybody who is liable to pay council tax can claim, as long as:

  • you have savings of less than £16,000 (unless you are in receipt of Pension Credit (Guaranteed Credit)
  • and are over 16 years of age
  • receiving Income Support, Jobseekers Allowance (income-based), Pension Credit, Employment and Support Allowance, Universal Credit  or living on a low income.


Apply for Council Tax Support


Council Tax Reduction Scheme Document


EU Settlement Scheme and Immigration

The EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) requires all non-British and non-Irish EU citizens to register to continue to live and work in the UK now that we have left the EU. The scheme will be open for applications until 30 June 2021.

The EUSS is an online application requiring applicants to submit proof of EU nationality, proof of UK residency and to declare any criminal convictions.

Applicants will need to show 5 years continuous residency in the UK to be granted settled status. Those who have been in the UK for less than 5 years will be granted pre-settled status. They will then be eligible for settled status after 5 years.

EU citizens with settled or pre-settled status will retain their rights to work in the UK, use the NHS, enrol in education or continue studying, access public funds such as benefits and pensions, if eligible for them, and to travel in and out of the UK.

EU, EEA and Swiss citizens living in the UK by 31 December 2020, and their family, can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

The deadline for applying is 30 June 2021.


Points-based immigration system

From 1 January 2021, the UK will implement a new points-based immigration system that will treat EU and non-EU citizens equally. EU, EEA and Swiss citizens arriving in the UK from 1 January 2021, who do not have rights under the Withdrawal Agreement , will need to meet specific requirements in order to study or work in the UK. They must apply and receive confirmation that they have been successful before travelling to the UK.

EU, EEA and Swiss citizens may continue to visit the UK for up to six months without applying for a visa and may participate in a wide range of activities, including tourism, visiting family and friends, short-term study and business-related activities. They should check if they need a visa before they travel.

How to apply for settled/pre-settled status

In order to apply please visit the GOV.UK website: Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme - settled and pre-settled status