Information about Coronavirus (COVID-19) & where to go for vaccinations

Maintaining the safety of everyone in the district is our top priority and we're working with our partner organisations to closely monitor developments.

Information about how we're responding and the latest guidance

Change of circumstances

It is important that you tell us about any changes that could affect your business rates.

Tell us about a change of address

Tell us about a Certificate of Occupation

Tell us about a Certificate of Vacation


Other changes you need to tell us about 

  • If you think that you are no longer entitled to a rate relief.
  • If the Valuation Officer changes your rateable value.
  • If your property changes from empty to occupied.
  • If your property changes from occupied to empty.
  • If you are getting an allowance for partial occupation and the part of the property that is occupied either decreases or increases in size.
  • If you get small business rate relief and you take up occupation of a property you did not occupy at the time of making your application for relief.
  • If you get small business rate relief and there is an increase in the rateable value of a property you occupy outside the Rossendale Borough Council area.
  • If your property is exempt from business rates and the reason for the exemption no longer exists.
  • If the owner of the property changes

For any other issues please use our general enquiry form.

General enquiry form