Allotments in Rossendale
There are currently two allotment sites which are managed by Rossendale Borough Council:
- Kirk Hill, Haslingden
- Prinny Hill, Haslingden
There are a further three allotment sites that are on land owned by The Council and managed by local groups;
- Free Lane, Helmshore (managed by Free Lane Community Allotment Society) http://www.flcas.co.uk
- Stacksteads (managed by Stacksteads Allotment Society) https://sites.google.com/view/brunswickgardens/home
- Badgercote Allotments, Loveclough (managed by Limey Valley Allotments Association) http://badgercoteallotments.com/
Each of these maintain a waiting list of Rossendale residents who have expressed a wish to be allocated a plot on an allotment.
Overview map of all allotments
- Kirk Hill plan
- Prinny Hill plan
- Free Lane plan
- Stacksteads plan
- Badgercote plan
The allotments at Kirk Hill & Prinny Hill are currently fully occupied. To apply for an allotment and to be added to the waiting list please complete the form below
Rents vary depending on the size of the plot and the annual cost is £0.35 per m2.
Please be aware that the waiting list is long at present and is maintained on a first come, first allocated basis for each site. All new tenants are required to sign a tenancy agreement. Tenants are not permitted to underlet, assign or part with the possession of the allotment garden.
Should your circumstances change please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to have your contact details removed from the list.
Termination and Assignment of Allotment Tenancy
Termination of allotment tenancy
If you already rent an allotment and wish to terminate the tenancy you should give the required notice in accordance with your tenancy agreement. Termination notice can be given by:
- emailing us at email@example.com
- or writing to us at the address below
Rossendale Borough Council