Whitworth Cemetery was opened for burials in 1879. There is a chapel for hire which can seat around 48 people.
There are public toilets and visitors have access to a water tap at the top of the main drive.
The site caters for Catholic, Church of England and Non-Conformist burials. Graves can be purchased for both coffin and ashes burial. The dedicated garden of remembrance offers an alternative site for the burial of ashes.