Tell Us Once is a service that lets you report a death to most government organisations in one go. These include:
- HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
- Passport Office
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)
- Local councils
- Public sector or armed forces pension schemes
How to access the service
Once you have registered the death you can access the Tell Us Once service in one of three ways:
- Online: Once you have registered the death, the registrar will give you a unique Tell Us Once reference number, which you will need to log into Tell Us Once service
- By telephone with the DWP: 0800 085 7308. The lines are open Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm.
- Face to Face at our One Stop Shop: Please ring 01706 217777 to make an appointment.
We know that this will be a difficult time for you and others. You may wish to contact one of the organisations listed below who can give you further help and advice.
- Cruse Bereavement Care provides bereavement support, including for those experiencing loneliness. Their website is www.cruse.org.uk, or you can phone them on 0808 808 1677 in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Cruse Scotland is on 0845 600 2227, their website is www.crusescotland.org.uk.
- The Silver Line is a free, 24-hour, confidential helpline for older people. Their website is www.thesilverline.org.uk, or you can phone them on 0800 470 80 90.
- The Deceased Preference Service is a service which makes a difficult time easier by stopping direct mail and protecting the identity of your loved one