Rossendale Works employability project
Rossendale Works is a free recruitment support project in that has successfully been running across Rossendale since 2018. The project is an ongoing partnership between Rossendale Borough Council, Active Lancashire, and the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
Rossendale Works helps Rossendale-based businesses meet their recruitment needs as well as helping unemployed individuals in Rossendale to find local work.
What’s in it for businesses?
- Free recruitment campaigns and filtering of candidates, to help you find the best candidates for positions;
- Trial work placements ahead of employment, with no cost to your business;
- Support and funding for recruitment essentials, such as DBS checks;
- Free job-specific training for your candidates;
- Access to venues for interviews;
- Free health and wellbeing support for your teams to boost productivity and reduce sickness;
- Invitations to exhibit at regular local job fairs.
What’s in it for individuals?
- Access to the Skills and Employability Hub at Futures Park;
- Tailored support and guidance by the Rossendale Works team;
- Assistance finding and applying for suitable jobs;
- Free physical activities such as boxing sessions and 5-a-side football;
- Opportunities to meet and socialise with individuals who are in a similar position
For more information, whether you’re an individual or a business, please contact EconomicDevelopment@rossendalebc.gov.uk