Tell us about a change
If you currently receive Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support and have any changes to your income or capital, people moving in or out of your household, or their income changing or you move address you must inform us promptly of this. This is so that your claim can be updated and the correct Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support amount can be awarded.
Examples of changes you need to tell us about:
- If you or your partner (if you have one) or someone living with you stops or starts getting Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance or any other type of state benefit
- If you stop or start to receive Child Benefit
- If the amount of childcare you pay goes up or down
- If the amount of Tax Credits you receive goes up or down
- If there is any change in income (either up or down) for you or anyone who lives with you.
- If you get a pay rise or do extra overtime
- If you or your partner start or stop work or change jobs
- If you stop or start to receive Attendance Allowance or Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
Examples of changes in circumstances for your household
- If anyone joins or leaves your household or their income changes
- Birth of a baby
- If child benefit ends for any of your children
- Anyone moves into or out of your home (for example, children, partners, lodgers and subtenants)
- If you or your partner (if you have one) go into hospital, a nursing home, into prison or are going to be away from home for more than 4 weeks.
- If someone living with you stops or starts work
- If you or your partner (if you have one) stops or starts caring for a disabled person
- If you or your partner (if you have one) or anybody else who lives with you becomes a student
- If the amount of you and/or your partners (if you have one) capital, savings or investments changes, although if your total capital remains below £6000 you do not have to tell us of any changes.