Flood Warnings and Advice

Please click on the link below for the latest information for your area

Flood Alerts Rossendale

Problems paying your Council Tax

Problems paying?

If you have problems paying your council tax, the following procedures and information may help.

Have you checked if you are entitled to Council Tax Support? Use our online calculator to find out.

You could be entitled to a discount or an exemption, please check and apply online.


Change the way you pay your instalments

Annual council tax bills are usually issued in March to be paid by 10 monthly instalments from April to January. However, you can ask for your instalments to be spread over 12 months from April to March.

If you wish to change how you pay your council tax, please contact us either by phone, via email, or in person.


Debt Advice

National Debt Line

Freephone: 0808 808 4000


Step Change Debt Charity

Freephone: 0800 138 1111


Rossendale Citizens Advice

Tel: 0300 456 2552