Information about Coronavirus (COVID-19) & where to go for vaccinations

Maintaining the safety of everyone in the district is our top priority and we're working with our partner organisations to closely monitor developments.

Information about how we're responding and the latest guidance

Planning enforcement

How to make a planning enforcement complaint

If you wish to report a suspected breach of planning control (or untidy land/building), please use the procedure outlined below.

Complaints can only be made by fully completing the Planning Enforcement Complaint Form and this can be done in a number of ways, including:

  • By completing the Online Form - this is the quickest and easiest way of making a complaint, as you can complete and submit the form directly to us online.

Online Complaint Form

  • By downloading the Planning Enforcement Complaint Form and emailing your completed form to
  • By downloading the Planning Enforcement Complaint Form and posting your completed form to the following address:
    Planning Department
    Rossendale Borough Council
    Futures Park
    OL13 0BB
  • By collecting the Planning Enforcement Complaint Form from the Council's Duty Planning Officer in the One Stop Shop at the above address (available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between the hours of 09.00 - 12.00).  Completed forms can be returned to the same address. 
  • By contacting the Duty Planning Officer and requesting the form be posted out to you.


All complaints must be made by submitting a fully completed form.  However, in cases of extreme urgency (e.g. demolition of a Listed Building or the felling of trees covered by a Tree Preservation Order) you may also wish to inform us immediately by telephone so that we can act more promptly.  In such cases please telephone the Planning Manager on 01706 252420.  A complaint form will still need to be completed.