Government guidance requires the policies in Local Plans to be based upon sound evidence. The Council has commissioned a number of evidence base documents to inform the preparation of the Local Plan. These documents are being published to provide transparency about the factual basis on which the Local Plan will be prepared. The evidence base is listed below::
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) - Stages 1 & 2 and Site Assessments 2017
- Strategic Housing Market Assessment (SHMA) 2017
- Employment Land Review 2017
- Green Belt Review 2016
- Environmental Network Study 2017
- Gypsies and Travellers Accommodation Assessment 2016
- Town Centre, Retail, Leisure and Tourism Study 2017
- Playing Pitch Strategy 2016 (previously published)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA) 2016
- Local Plan Viability Study 2015 and Updated Viability Study in relation to Affordable Housing 2017
- Landscape Study 2015 (previously published)
- Landscape capacity study for wind energy developments in the South Pennines (2014) (previously published)
Sustainability Appraisal, although not strictly evidence informs the development of the policies and can be viewed here, together with the Habitats Regulation Assessment.
Evidence used to prepare the Core Strategy has been archived and is available to view here.