The most important thing we can all do to tackle the problem of waste is to reduce the amount we create in the first place.
- Take your own bags when you go shopping
- Buy products with little packaging so that less ends up in your rubbish bin.
- Throwing good food away costs the average person in the UK around £200 a year, and the average family £700. Love Food Hate Waste have useful tips on the storage of food, tasty recipes and advice on portioning
- Stop junk mail and faxes through the Mail Preference Service
- Avoid disposable nappies - Go Real! Real nappies are easy to use, easy on your pocket, easy on our environment and look great on your baby.