Taxi News and Information
Licensing Reception Hours:
With effect from Monday, 18th June 2018, the Licensing reception will be available during the following hours:
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays between 10am and 4pm.
Applications and other documents can be deposited in the Licensing box outside of these hours. The Licensing box will be located at the Council's main reception. Please ensure that an up to date phone number is provided with any items deposited so that payment can be called for or other queries resolved as quickly as possible.
Vehicle licensing news:
From 1st January 2018 new conditions were introduced in relation to hackney carriage and private hire vehicles. These conditions were approved at Licensing Committee in November 2016 and affect all vehicles licensed by Rossendale.
The new conditions are:
- All new and replacement hackney carriages must be white. This doesn't mean that you have to spray your vehicle or have it wrapped to change its colour. It will only apply from when you change your vehicle, either because it has reached its maximum age or you are replacing it during the lifetime of your plate.
- All new and replacement private hire vehicles should be any colour except for white, and the same rules apply in relation to when this will take effect.
- The maximum age at which a vehicle can be first licenced will reduce to 5 years old. The exception to this will be where a vehicle has been fitted with an approved conversion kit reducing its emissions to within the current Euro standards. In this case a vehicle can be first licensed up to the age of 7 years.
- All vehicle windows must be transparent, or if tinted, must be manufacturer's specification and not after market. A laminated film must not be attached to vehicle windows
- All vehicles must be fitted with an approved CCTV system which will be required either at the time of a new application or on renewal of the vehicle plate. The CCTV system must be fitted by one of our approved suppliers listed below.
MCD Security Systems
St Johns Court, Square Street, Bradford, BD4 7NP
Telephone: 01274 449786
All these conditions and other information can be found within the Council's Taxi and Private Hire Licensing Policy as below.
Taxi Policies and Related Documents