Citizens Panel

Customers can have their say regularly on a whole range of different issues is by joining Rossendale’s Citizen Panel.

Join Here

Apply for a dangerous wild animals licence

Keeping wild animals

You must have a licence to keep dangerous wild animals.

Animals classed as ‘dangerous wild animals’ are identified in the accompanying schedule to the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976. Examples may include venomous snakes, venomous spiders and most primates.

Zoos, pet shops and circuses are exempt from the provisions of the Act as these premises have separate licensing conditions.

A licence will not be issued until such time as a veterinary surgeon has inspected the premises and recommendations passed to the Licensing Authority.  The fees for the veterinary inspection are seperate to the application and licence fees and must be paid by the applicant once invoiced.

Email [email protected] or ring 01706 217777 option 7 to apply for a licence or for further information 

Further information can be found by clicking here