Coronavirus restrictions in Rossendale
Coronavirus remains a serious health risk. It’s important to stay cautious and help protect yourself and others.
In response to the Omicron variant, the Government has implemented Plan B.
- From 10 December, face coverings will be required by law in most indoor settings.
- From 13 December office workers who can work from home should do so.
- From 15 December, certain venues and events will be required by law to check that all visitors aged 18 years or over are fully vaccinated, have proof of a negative test in the last 48 hours, or have an exemption.
There are other practical steps you can take to manage the risk to yourself and others:
- Meeting outdoors is safer. If you are meeting indoors let fresh air in. Opening your window for just 10 minutes, or a small amount of time continuously where you can, makes a huge difference
- If you’re not feeling well and have COVID-19 symptoms, self-isolate and take a full PCR test
- Try to stay at home if you’re feeling unwell, for example if you have cold or flu symptoms
- Take a lateral flow test regularly in case you have the virus and don’t have symptoms
- Wash your hands regularly to help limit the spread
- Download and use the NHS Covid-19 app on your smartphone
The best way to protect yourself and others from the virus is to get vaccinated. If you are fully vaccinated or under 18, you don't have to self-isolate if you have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19. You should still take a PCR test and self-isolate if it’s positive, or if you have symptoms.
As we move through each of these steps, it is important that we all remember COVID-19 is still a part of our lives so we must:
- Continue to follow the principles of ‘hands, face, space’
- Follow the COVID-secure measures that remain in place at different stages
- Get tested – Free rapid testing is now available to all. Go to http://bit.ly/GetTestedNorth for more information
- Get vaccinated when offered
Rossendale Connected is here to help communities, families and individuals who find themselves without any support network and who do not have any relatives, friends or neighbours who can help during the Covid outbreak.
If you do require urgent support, please call Rossendale Connected on 01706 252520 or email email@example.com