Information about Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Maintaining the safety of everyone in the district is our top priority and we're working with our partner organisations to closely monitor developments.

Information about how we're responding and the latest guidance

Report fly-tipping

What should I do with my waste?

Business and householders are required to take steps to ensure their waste is transferred to an authorised person. This includes checking they are registered with the Environment Agency and obtaining a written description and receipt for that waste.

If you hire builders, gardeners etc. to do works on your house and/or take waste away from your property and that waste ends up fly-tipped, you could end up being prosecuted.

Businesses must make their own arrangements for disposal of waste produced by their business.  There are many private companies who provide this service who are registered waste carriers and will provide you with a written description of the waste, otherwise known as a ‘waste transfer’ or ‘duty of care’ note.  Business should keep their ‘duty of care’ notes to prove they are disposing of their waste legally for up to 3 years.