Disabled facilities grants

How Do I Apply?

If you are over 18 years old, you should contact Social Services and ask for an assessment. This will be carried out by an Occupational Therapist. If your enquiry is for a young person up to the age of 18, you should contact Acorns Centre Accrington. Contact details are listed below.

Once an Occupational Therapist has made an assessment you will receive a letter from Social Services to let you know what has been recommended. In most cases, you will then hear from us to discuss the adaption. Smaller recommendations for equipment can be arranged without our involvement.

St. Vincent’s Homecare and Repair Service

The Homecare and Repair service offers practical help and support to elderly or disabled people in receipt of a means tested benefit.

They offer a range of services such as a Handyperson service for small repairs and improvements taking 2 hours or less to complete for which a charge of £10.00 per hour plus VAT is made.

St. Vincent’s Homecare & Repair

41 Bury Road




01706 221 849

For applicants over 18 years old contact:

Social Services – Customer Service Officer – 0300 123 6720

For applicants up to the age of 18 years old contact:

Acorns Centre Accrington – 01254 283 814

Other contacts:

Occupational Therapy Department – 01254 736 330