Help with cost of living crisis in Rossendale & Household Support Fund

Find out what help is available in Rossendale

Problems paying your Council Tax

Charging Orders

If you owe council tax, we may decide to place a charging order on your property.

If we decide to do this, we will first write to you giving details of your debt and explaining how a charging order would affect you. 

At this stage you can still contact us to make an arrangement to pay.

If you do not make an arrangement to pay the debt we will apply for the charging order and ask the court to include our legal costs.

Once we have obtained the charging order, if you still do not pay the charge including the costs, then we can use that charging order to take possession of your property to sell it or obtain the proceeds of any future sale.