Building Control Applications

Do I need approval?

Building Regulation approval is not required for all building work. You can find information on the types of work that need approval, which are exempt, or which can be approved by a Competent Person on the website.

Types of application

There are three types of application you can make; full plans, building notice, and regularisation. The website outlines each of these application types.

There are fees required when submitting your application. Building Control fees will be determined based on the type of work involved, the number of dwellings, or total floor area. Click to download our schedule of fees.

How do I submit my application?

You can download an application form to submit your application by email to or via Submit-A-Plan.

Registering with Submit-a-Plan enables you to send your building control applications to participating Building Control services online. Submit-A-Plan supports all major file types and is free to use.