Help with cost of living crisis in Rossendale & Household Support Fund

Find out what help is available in Rossendale

Help with the cost of Living crisis in Rossendale

Energy Support Alternative Funding

Energy Bills Support Scheme Alternative Funding (EBSS AF) and Alternative Fuel Payment (AFP)

The Energy Bills Support Scheme Alternative Funding (EBSS AF) scheme will be targeted at households that missed out on the £400 energy bills discount scheme due to not having a direct contractual relationship with their electricity supplier.

Customers who are eligible for support under the main Energy Bills Discount Scheme will not be eligible for EBSS AF.

The Alternative Fuel Payment (AFP) scheme will be directed to those households that heat their homes using alternative energy sources, such as oil, coal, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) or biomass rather than gas or electricity.

How to Apply

The Government have announced that applications for help under these two schemes is open from 27 February 2023. Applications for these schemes must be made to the Government and not to the council

Claims can only be made online. If you need assistance to make a claim or if you have any questions about whether you will be eligible to receive help from the schemes, the Government have opened a contact centre to help.

Please call 0808 175 3287 between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday for assistance.

Which homes Are eligible?

You may be eligible to apply if your main home is:

  • a residential park home or residential caravan/mobile home
  • on a boat on a permanent residential mooring
  • on a permanent Gypsy and Traveller site
  • part of a heat network without an electricity meter
  • in social or private rented accommodation which has a business energy connection or a communal electricity supply
  • off the mains electricity or gas grid
  • in a care home or assisted living facility and you pay for some or all of your care
  • in a separate domestic home within a non-domestic property (such as a farmhouse or a flat above a shop)

Who should apply

You can apply if:

  • you pay for the energy your household uses
  • you’re applying for your main, permanent home
  • you have a fixed address in England, Scotland or Wales

Who cannot apply:

Most households get the £400 support automatically. You do not need to apply if you or your landlord:

  • has a domestic energy meter
  • pay your bills directly to an energy supplier (such as British Gas or EDF)

You cannot apply if you’ve already had Energy Bills Support Scheme payments. This is 6 automatic monthly payments or prepayment meter vouchers of £66 or £67 from your energy supplier, from October 2022.

If you think you should have got a payment but have not, contact your energy supplier.

You also cannot apply for a discount if you live:

  • in purpose-built student accommodation
  • in a care home and do not pay any of your fees
  • on a boat with a continuous cruising licence
  • on a non-permanent caravan or mobile home site