Premises Licence


If you wish to change any aspect of your licence or club certificate once it has been granted, you will need to apply for either a full or a minor variation.

Full variations

The full variation process is very similar to the application process for a new premises licence and the fee is the same. You should use this process if you want to make a substantial change to your licence, for example, increasing the hours when you sell alcohol.

Minor variations

If you want to make a small, low-risk change to your premises licence, you may be able to use the minor variation process. This is cheaper and quicker than the full variation application.

Small changes could include:

  • removing a licensable activity
  • reducing the hours you sell alcohol
  • making small changes to the layout of your premises

If you apply for a minor variation and your application is rejected, you will not be able to appeal. However, you can reapply using the full variation process.

Application for a minor variation of premises licence

Application to vary the premises licence

Premises Licence Variation guidance notes