Rossendale Council welcomes applications from people with disabilities. We have been recognised for this and awarded the 'Disability Confident' symbol.
The council actively pursues equality in both employment and service provision.
- interview all disabled applicants who satisfy the essential criteria for a job vacancy and consider them on their abilities under the interview guarantee scheme
- ensure that there is an appointment in place to discuss, at any time, but at least once a year, what can be done to make sure that disabled employees can develop and use their abilities
- make every effort that if an employee became disabled, they would stay in employment
- take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work, and
- review these commitments and any achievements, while planning ways to improve on them, and let employees and the Job Centre know about progress and future plans on an annual basis